Student transfer arrangements
We understand that sometimes a student changes their mind, or their circumstances change which means they wish to change their choice of degree or Higher Education Provider. If this applies to you, we are fully committed to supporting you through this process.
The following guidance contains advice about the steps you need to take to assist with your transfer arrangements.
- Transferring from another Higher Education Provider to the University of Hertfordshire
We are delighted to consider students who want to transfer to us, providing you meet our criteria below.
Typical transfer criteria:
- You meet our academic requirements for the course
- If appropriate we will review any prior study or experience. You may need to provide a transcript of your progress from your current Higher Education Provider
- There is space on the course
If we cannot offer you a place in your chosen year of study, we may still be able to offer you a place in an earlier year of the course, or for the next academic year.
Please contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01707 284800 to discuss your options and support your application.
- Transferring from the University of Hertfordshire to another Higher Education Provider
If you are considering leaving us, please contact us via email@example.com or 01707 284000 as soon as possible so that we can provide you with additional support and guidance. Further information can be found on the Withdrawing from the University page on Ask Herts.
- Transferring to a different course within the University of Hertfordshire
If you are currently a University of Hertfordshire student, you may be able to transfer to another course during the same academic year. If this is not possible, we may be able to offer you a place on the course in the next academic year. Further information can be found on the Transferring courses page on Ask Herts.
- Other things to consider
If you are thinking of changing course there will be a number of things you will need to consider, especially if you are funded by the Student Loan Company “SLC” or currently live in University accommodation – for further advice contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a University of Hertfordshire international student, you will also need to contact the Tier 4 Compliance team to request approval for changes to your study arrangements. You can contact them via email@example.com.
Further sources of information and advice
- UCAS changing or leaving your course pages
- Student Finance page on the UK Government website
- Hertfordshire Students' Union website
- The Careers and Employment Complete Guide page on Ask Herts
- Student wellbeing page on Ask Herts